We are small. Nimble. Selective. We bring laser-like attention to every project. Shun cookie-cutter solutions. Provide each client with senior-level focus. And only work on projects we believe in. Hecht | Horton Partners. The power of two.
We listen. We learn. We strategize. And then we get to work—crafting communications that convey who you are as clearly as they describe what you do. The results are thoughtful. Fresh. Elegant. Energetic. And above all: yours.
We begin with discovery. We take nothing
at face value. We probe to understand your needs,
your clients, your world—
in the process uncovering options and opportunities.
From those, we form strategies that are
often surprising, but always absolutely apt.
You have a unique perspective on your industry.
We take that perspective as our vantage point,
refracting every aspect of your narrative
through that lens. The result is a messaging platform
that truly reflects your business—
and truly distinguishes you from the competition.
In the most powerful communications every element works together—words, images, design—
and the whole exceeds the sum.
To that end, we begin with the macro view—
then hand-select the optimal project team
and carefully orchestrate each component
to magnify your message.
- Austin Architects
- Austin Preparatory School
- Bainco International Investments
- Bayer Corporation
- Belmont Hill School
- Biopure Corporation
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Foundation
- Boston Chamber Music Society
- Boston Children’s Museum
- Boston College High School
- Boston Community Capital
- Boston Lyric Opera
- Boston Public Market
- Boston Symphony Orchestra
- Boston University
- Brookwood School
- Cary Memorial Library
- Charles River Watershed Association
- Children’s Hospital Boston
- Clerestory LLC
- College of the Holy Cross
- Dana Hall School
- Dartmouth College Campus Planning and Facilities Division
- Division of Capital Asset Management and Maintenance (DCAMM), Massachusetts
- Dexter/Southfield School
- Diagnostics for All
- Dublin School
- Emmanuel College
- Esty Environmental Partners
- Flavin Architects
- Friendly Planet
- Groton School
- Harvard Business School
- Harvard Graduate School of Design
- Harvard Magazine Online
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Care
- Harvard University Art Museums
- Harvard University Carpenter Center for Visual Arts
- Harvard University DuBois Institute
to African and African American Art
- Harvard University Faculty of
Arts and Sciences
- Harvard University Graduate School
- Harvard University Kennedy School
- Harvard University Medical School
- Harvard University Laboratory for Integrated Science and Engineering
- Harvard University Operations Services
- Harvard University Richard A.
and Susan F. Smith Campus Center
- Harvard University, Wyss Institute
for Biologically Inspired
- Health Care for All
- Identity Commons
- Integrated Design Group
- Information Card Foundation
- InUnity Corporation
- Johns Hopkins University Press,
- Kenyon College
- Knowledge Management Associates
- Management Sciences for Health
- McDonald’s Corporation
- Middlebury College
- Milton Academy
- Miss Hall’s School
- MIT Baker House
- MIT Center for Real Estate
- MIT Department of Mechanical Engineering
- MIT Leadership Center
- MIT LGO
- MIT Libraries
- MIT Media Lab
- MIT Museum
- MIT Office of Admissions
- MIT Office of the President
- MIT Koch Institute for Integrated Cancer Research
- MIT Picower Institute for Learning
- MIT School of Architecture+Planning
- MIT School of Engineering
- MIT Sloan School of Management
- MIT Whitehead Institute
- Mohawk Papers
- Network Health
- New Basics, Inc.
- New England Aquarium
- New England Center for Change
- New England Center for Investigative Reporting
- Northeastern University School
- Opera Boston
- Pageflex, Inc.
- Parity, Inc.
- Parks for People
- Pathfinder International
- Princeton Architectural Press
- Project STEP
- Richard Burck Associates
- St. John’s Preparatory School
- Salve Regina University
- Samiotes Consultants
- Science Commons
- Seniorlink, Inc.
- Signer Harris Architects
- Simmons College
- Stryker Corporation
- Suffolk University
- Suffolk University Law School
- The Fenn School
- The Hun School of Princeton
- The Park School
- The SilkRoad Project
- The Spence School
- The Winsor School
- TRO/Jung Brannen
- Truant Construction Managers
- Tuck School of Business at Dartmouth
- Tygris Enterprises Ltd.
- Tufts Gordon Institute
- Tufts Institute of the Environment
- Tufts University Admissions Office
- Tufts University, Fletcher School of Law and Diplomacy
- UK Architects
- UMass Boston (Integrated Sciences Center)
- Vermont Law School
- Wausau Papers
- Wellman Center for Photomedicine/MGH
- Wellesley College Alumnae Association
- Wentworth Institute of Technology
- Western New England College
- Wheelock College
- William A. Berry and Son, Inc.
- Woodstock Inn
- Worcester Polytechnic Institute
- Xavarian Brothers Sponsored Schools
- Yale University Press
Our services begin and end where you need them.
Research to strategy. Messaging to design.
In print, digital and environmental graphics. Our answers are
always fresh. Always engaging. And above all, always a
singular expression of your business.
Our firm is intentionally small. Our principals are both hands-on leaders, actively engaged in every project. Together, they boast over half a century of award-winning design—expertise extended by an in-house team of smart, talented young designers and a network of researchers, writers and programmers. Transparent, collaborative, forward-thinking, they create dynamic communications—and long-term working relationships.
Her staff may call her the crazy podengo lady, but her clients rely on Alice to bring sanity to their projects. An inveterate multi-tasker, she stays on top of every detail. Which is not to say she is rigid—in fact, her work is prized for its innovation. From scientific research institutes to major cultural institutions to significant non-profit organizations, Alice produces print and electronic materials that truly set her clients apart. She has extended this work to three dimensions, partnering with institutions and architects to develop environmental graphics praised for their interesting use of materials and effective design.
Alice’s work has been recognized by a host of notable organizations, including both national and regional AIGA competitions, the Industrial Design Society of America, Boston Society of Landscape Architects, CASE (two gold awards), and Sappi Papers and Mead Paper. Her work has been published in Cranbrook Design: The New Discourse (Rizzoli), Visible Language, IDEA Magazine (Japan), Communication Arts, and Print. She has served on the CASE Awards and Boston Society of Architects Harleston Parker Award juries. A former faculty member at the Rhode Island School of Design and the Art Institute of Boston/Lesley University, Alice holds a BFA in Painting from the Rhode Island School of Design and an MFA in Graphic Design from Cranbrook Academy of Art.
An accomplished photographer and musician, David harnesses pacing and rhythm in his designs to capture the viewer’s interest and deepen their connection with his client’s story. That approach has benefited a wide array of academic institutions, multi-national corporations and consumer products companies on projects from advertising to internal communications, websites to packaging. His charming, easy-going nature creates an aura of calm, but there is nothing laid-back about his focused approach. Ultimately, David brings out the best in every team, every client, every project.
David’s work has been lauded by every significant graphic design organization, including Communication Arts, Graphis, Print, How, The Society of Publication Designers, and American Center for Design—in addition to winning CASE National Circle of Excellence Gold and Silver Awards, AIGA Annual Design Competitions, and Annual Admissions Advertising Awards. Prior to Hecht/Horton, David was a founding partner of Philographica. He received his degree from the Art Institute of Boston where he has also been a member of the design faculty.
Hyper-organized. Utterly charming. Deeply talented. Hayley keeps the big picture in mind, while sweating the details. Did we mention endlessly patient? A draftswoman and painter inspired by the natural world, Hayley is well versed in design for print, web, and environmental graphic design.
BFA ’02, Concentration in Graphic Design, Cooper Union for the Advancement of Science and Art
Intellectually curious and slightly off-kilter. Refined sensibility with a whacky sense of humor. Precise attention to detail and a completely unexpected view of the world. Lina always keeps us guessing. Digital painter, bookmaker, crochet artist, Lina brings her fine-tuned skills and humor to each and every project.
BFA ’12 , Massachusetts College of Art and Design
Former teacher, musician, and active grandmother of three, Cathie switches hats in and out of Hecht/Horton comfortably. Office manager and bookkeeper beyond compare, Cathie keeps our business on track. She stocks our favorite pencils and pens and pays our bills on time. Always positive, Cathie helps us to keep perspective when things get extra busy.
491 massachusetts avenue
arlington, massachusetts 02474
781 643 1988